Being able to recall and apply information in everyday situations is crucial in today’s world. Here are some useful tips on how you can do this more effectively:
- Always associate the information with something you already know.
- Visualize what you need to remember.
- Use repetition.
- Use rhyming.
- Use codes, clues and word associations to assist your memory.
- Use mnemonics i.e. using the first letters to make a word to remember facts; e.g. colours of the rainbow (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet – ROYGBIV. This makes it easier for some people to remember the facts).
- Prepare model answers / rehearsals
- Neatly write key facts/ notes on paper/ charts, etc. and display them around the house where you will see frequently them.